Berkey Filters have long been recognized as the world’s ultimate in water purification.
This simple, highly effective method of using gravity was developed almost 200 years ago, yet it still produces some of the finest, most healthful drinking water available.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13″ in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25″
- Diameter: 8.5″
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
SAVE BIG ON FACTORY BLEMISHED BIG BERKEY
LIMITED TIME PROMOTION
** THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER AND WILL SHIP IN APPROXIMATELY 10 DAYS
Cosmetically blemished Berkey systems include the same warrantied Black Berkey Purification Elements. Cosmetic blemishes may include scratches, dents, discolored spots on the finish or irregular polish marks. Blemished Berkey systems are identified by the distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides them with the same performance and longevity that they would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey systems.
** We do not provide FREE shipping of Berkey Product to HI or AK.
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand